|The Honey Processing Plants are of two types.
I. Model: HPP. Honey Processing Plant suitable for processing box or apiary honey.
II. Model: HPPM. Honey Processing Plant suitable for processing forest or rock honey and honey collected in costal areas wherein foreign particles and moisture contents are very high.
We are submitting herewith brief characteristics, utility and method of processing honey as under:
Honey often gets contaminated with bee-wax, dust and atmospheric materials. Honey is a perishable product in the sense that its quality deteriorates, as it is a biological product. Fermentation occurs in honey under certain circumstances due to presence of yeast which spoil honey. Hygienic precautions, therefore, are necessary while handling honey from time to time right from the stage it is extracted.
Honey has a tendency to absorb atmospheric materials i.e. dust, moisture etc. if kept open to atmosphere. Therefore it becomes moral obligation to supply honey in natural form as far as possible and for this it is necessary to process honey for removing foreign particles, destroy yeast and remove/reduce extra wax, moisture and bacteria's to desired level to prevent fermentation, so that it could be acceptable to ever conscious in local and export market.
Honey contains pollen, the dust and air bubbles, which tend to induce crystallization. The crystallization can be retarded by heating honey to 45 C to dissolve crystals present in honey. Filtration then removes part of pollen, foreign particles and wax. To prevent fermentation and to destroy yeast, honey is heated to 60-65 C for specific time period.
Proper temperature control and heating time is most important factor in processing of honey.
The processing of honey is divided into three steps.
a) Filtration to remove wax, foreign particles after heating honey to 45 C.
b) Honey than heated to 60-65 C for 10-15 minutes for destroying yeast and other bacteria.
c) Cooling the honey to atmospheric temperature and storing in closed vessel for 24-48 hrs. to allow air bubbles to go up and then packed and sealed immediately.
The technical specification and prices of plants (Export) are as under:
HONEY PROCESSING PLANT II (Model: HPPM) suitable for processing forest or rock honey and honey collected in costal areas wherein foreign particles and moisture contents are very high (24 26%). This plant is more complicated, sophisticated and can reduce moisture up to 7%, consisting of followings:
- 1 No. Honey Liquefier Tank, inner shell will be fabricated in SS with MS outer jacket fitted with suitable numbers of heating elements.**
- 1 No. Stainless steel Honey Transfer Pump.**
- 1 No. Pre-heating tank, inner shell will be fabricated in stainless steel having MS outer jacket fitted with heating elements, thermostats and motor driven stirrer.
- 1 No. Stainless steel positive displacement gear pump coupled with motor.
- 2 Nos. stainless steel fabricated vertical type filters provided with cleanable/replaceable filtering media.
- 1 No. stainless steel fabricated falling film evaporator cum vacuum reactor with moisture condenser.
- 1 No. Water ring type Vacuum Pump coupled with motor.
- 1 No. Stainless Steel Honey Transfer Pump with motor.
- 1 No. MS fabricated heat exchanger fitted with heating elements, thermostats and provided with stainless steel spiral coils.
- 1 No. MS fabricated cooling chamber with SS spiral coils.
- 2 Nos. stainless steel fabricated settling storage tanks provided with stainless steel ball valves, vacuum connections and level showing indicators.
- Hot Water Generator (Fire wood/ LPG/Diesel fired) and Hot Water Circulation Pump.**
The whole assembly shall be mounted on MS fabricated frame. Stainless steel used shall be of SS-304 grade (Food recommended). Complete with electric control panel, motors, gear boxes and other stainless steel fittings.